A good hotel provides warm and welcome accommodations for their guests. In order to provide great accommodations and great service, a good hotel may offer their guests discounted room rates when asked. There are published and not published hotel room rates and many ways to get a discounted room rate. Here are a few of them:
- Late Arrival Discount - If you arrive after 6:00 pm, ask for a late arrival discount. Hotel guests who have reservations may arrive earlier than 6:00 pm, and a hotel can have vacant rooms that they wish to fill after their reserved guests have arrived. With empty rooms to fill, hotels may extend a discount when asked.
- Off-Season Discount - Travel off-season and ask for an off-season discount. If you travel immediately before or after traditional holidays, you may find a hotel willing to offer a discounted room rate.
- Returning Guest Discount - If you have been a previous guest of a hotel, ask for a returning guest discount. Hotels appreciate returning guests and will often extend a discount to them when asked.
- Loyalty Discount - If your company consistently uses a particular hotel chain, speak directly with the hotel and ask for a loyalty discount. This discount may be available to you even when you are not traveling on business.
- Package Discount - Book a package deal that includes your hotel, airfare, and rental car. When these travel components are booked together, the rate is traditionally better than booking each of them separately.
- Deal Directly With the Hotel - When you want to stay at a specific hotel, call that hotel directly without going through the hotel chain's 800 number. Call during the day and ask the reservation clerk if they have any better rates than you found online. Many times they will give you a discount or include extra amenities that are not advertised or published.
- Compare Room Rates Online - It takes a bit of research, but you can often find hotel room deals when you check different online travel companies and compare prices.
- Travel Rewards Points - Many credit cards will offer travel rewards points for paying for your hotel and other travel expenses with their credit card. Call and ask your credit card company for their travel rewards points program information to see if they offer discounted hotel room rates.
- Online Traveler Recommendations - Research online websites that publish individual traveler reviews. Travelers often publish their room rates when reviewing a hotel. If you mention to the hotel clerk the room rate that was published online, they may match that room rate for you.
- Negotiate - Hotels will negotiate with you in order to foster a good customer relationship and encourage you to become a return guest. If you ask for a discounted room rate, you will most likely get one.
The main goal of a good hotel is to provide you with great accommodations and a memorable guest experience. If you tell the hotel clerk that you would like to have a discounted room rate, they will often oblige. When you are traveling, there is nothing better than a comfortable stay at a great hotel, and getting a discounted room rate is a welcome bonus.
For a local hotel, contact a company such as The Bridgeport Inn Fort McMurray inn.